Last Modified: March 31, 2018
2. Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you use the Service, and contact or interact with us through the Service.
When you contact Roqa through your use of the App, or via other electronic means, we collect the information you provide, including your first and last name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, location and any other information you provide to us.
Moreover, when you access and use the Service, we do collect information regarding you and your device, including your device’s internet protocol address, the domain name of your internet service provider, your location, your mobile device information (e.g., device model and operating system version), your page visits, merchant transaction data and/or program data e.g., (the amount, date, and location of the transaction, the amount of credit earned and redeemed, and the identity and amount of items purchased), non-financial information related to or necessary to provide you with your reimbursement (e.g., a Paypal address or identifier), and aggregated information that can be used to specifically identify you. Other information that may be collected is described in the Local Storage and Other Tracking Technologies section below.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use and store your information that we collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which you provided it;
- To provide our Service to you (including charges, receipts, tracking credits and reimbursements, providing notifications, and system notifications);
- To market customer rewards to you;
- To improve our products and services;
- To investigate (and remedy) fraudulent or allegedly fraudulent activity;
- To perform aggregated data analysis;
- To conduct open graph posting;
- To provide user verification services;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and comments;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Service and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas;
- To administer, operate and improve the Service and for internal business purposes; and
We do not sell or rent our mailing list, and we will not disclose your email address to any third party for marketing purposes, unless you specifically authorize a third party to access your information. Roqa will disclose your personal information to third parties only in the following limited circumstances:
- When you use the Service at a member restaurant, we may disclose your partial name (first name and last initial, but not your email address) and the transaction details (location, amount) to the associated Merchant to aid in the processing of the Service.
- We will permit access to your personal information by a member restaurant or third-party that you specifically authorize to access your information, by granting a party’s express request for permissions in the Roqa App. You can revoke access permissions granted to any member restaurant or other third-party at any time by logging in to the Roqa App;
4. How Information is Disclosed
A. Business Changes.
If Roqa becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
C. Investigations and Law.
We may disclose information about you to third parties if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users or others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
D. Aggregated Information.
We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Service with our affiliated partners as well as with unaffiliated third parties. The aggregated information provided to our affiliate partners will contain personal information about any user. The aggregated information provided to unaffiliated third parties does not contain personal information about any user.
5. Local Storage, and Other Tracking Technologies
Roqa will collect or receive information about your use of the Service, and will do so through direct monitoring of your use of the Service, as well as through the use of client-specific IDs and/or device-specific IDs, embedded scripts, statistical IDs and/or digital fingerprinting as new tracking solutions emerge, and this information may be collected over time and combined with information collected from other sources, which may be used for providing you credits and reimbursements, as well as for remarketing and may track users across websites and apps and over time. You can instruct your browser to stop allowing such tracking, but if you do, you will not be able to use all portions of all functionality of the Service.
We use such tracking technologies on the Service to help us not only enhance your use of the Service (e.g., to confirm you are dining at a member restaurant) but to also understand and save your preferences and interests so we can personalize your future visits and compile aggregate data about customers’ use of the Roqa App so that we can offer better user experiences and tools in the future.
Roqa implements a variety of security measures to protect the safety of your personal information when you enter or submit your personal information.
While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding which information you provide us.
We cannot guarantee that the storage or transmissions of your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, MALICIOUS THIRD-PARTY ACCESS OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
7. Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as you use the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter. Please note that some or all of the information we have collected from you or about you may be required in order for the Service to function properly.
8. Your Choices Regarding Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Service.
A. Opting Out Changing Your Information.
Currently, we collect and retain only as much data about each user as is needed for your use of the Service. If a user wishes to change their information, that user will need to access their user profile and make modifications as necessary. For example, if you would like your personal information permanently removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly disable your Roqa user account and you will no longer receive emails from Roqa. Your removal from the mailing list and/or database will not remove records of past transactions or delete information stored in our data backups and archives, as required by law. Data on past transactions and data stored in backups and archives will be deleted in the normal course of Roqa’s business. You may elect to opt-out at any time after registering for the Roqa service. We will make appropriate updates to our applicable policies as necessary.
9. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
As discussed herein, Roqa does collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) through its Service, including through its use of session management software. Our session management software is active while you are on the Service and is erased once you end your session on the Roqa App. Roqa does not use the session management software to collect information about you from other websites. Nonetheless, your phone may offer a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of mobile applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and/or across different websites and mobile applications and services. The Service does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity only while you are using the Service and do not retain it.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
11. Terms and Conditions
13. How to Contact Us